PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM IS FULLY COMMITTED FOR 2020
In response to the impact the forestry sector downturn and COVID-19 pandemic are having on businesses in its service region, Northern Development is offering the Small Business Recovery (SBR) Consulting Rebate program.
This program is designed to help businesses reduce the barrier to accessing professional expertise and recover the costs of third-party consulting projects. These types of projects must focus on ways to sustain businesses during the current economic downturn.
The SBR Consulting Rebate will reimburse small and medium sized businesses (operators) for contracted consulting services. Businesses that are impacted by the economic downturn in Northern Development’s service region are eligible to apply. A rebate of up to 85%, to a yearly maximum of $25,000, can be recovered for the cost of hiring a consultant to assist with business efforts.
- To directly support small and medium size businesses impacted by the economic downturn in Northern Development’s service region
- To implement strategies to attract customers, market a business and/or improve profitability
- To sustain businesses and employment in central and northern B.C.
Northern Development provides a rebate under this program to eligible businesses to a maximum of 85% up to $25,000 annually toward eligible costs.
- Projects must have a minimum budget of $1,000
- If an applicant is approved for a project which is less than the annual maximum of $25,000 and a second consulting project is being proposed, the first project must be completed, and reporting submitted prior to any subsequent project being approved
- Applicants must apply and receive notification of approval prior to beginning the project
- Projects must be completed as approved to receive funding and any change in the project scope must be communicated to Northern Development. Incomplete or partially completed projects may not be eligible for funding
Eligible Consulting Projects
Businesses may use a preferred consultant or obtain assistance to identify and select a qualified consultant(s).
- Business planning and strategic planning
- Business continuity planning and emergency response planning
- Market development and e-commerce development
- Business coaching
- Human resource management
- Operations/operational efficiency/process improvement or changes (transition to digital platforms)
- Quality and safety management
- Cash flow and financial management system
- Inventory management
- Marketing strategies, brand development/evolution and web development
Apply for funding
Prior to submitting an application for funding, please review the application guide in detail to learn more about eligibility criteria. Contact Northern Development to discuss your project (250-561-2525 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email.
For more information, please contact:
Felicia Magee, Director of Business Development
250-561-2525 | email@example.com