This month, help us name our new wooden ambassadors for a chance to win a $100 Support Local BC Gift Certificate every week! No purchase necessary. A separate pool will be held each week, with a new winner announced every Monday.
1. HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period (defined below), followers of the Northern Development Initiative Trust Facebook and Instagram accounts can enter the contest by commenting a name suggestion and sharing one of the four contest posts (one per week). Followers may suggest as many names as they would like in a single comment or multiple comments. Such comments must be made on the original contest posts (one per week) and not a shared post to be considered a valid entry. A single follower may enter multiple times on multiple weeks but cannot be awarded more than one prize. If more than one person submits the same name, the person who submitted first will be chosen. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of Facebook or Instagram account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible. The Contest Period starts at 12:00 noon Pacific Time (PT) on Monday, May 3, 2021 and closes on Friday, May 28, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”).
2. There are four (4) prizes (the “Prizes”) to be won. No purchase necessary. A winner of each prize will be announced May 10, May 17, May 24 and May 31. The contest sponsor is Northern Development Initiative Trust. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada of the age of majority in the Province of British Columbia. Entrant must legally reside in the Contest Sponsor’s service region. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. PRIZE – There are four (4) Prizes consisting of a $100 Support Local BC electronic gift certificate to be used on the Support Local BC website (www.supportlocalbc.com). Approximate retail value of each prize is one hundred dollars ($100.00) CAD. Prizes will be sent via email to the winner. There is no mail or print option, email only.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On Monday, May 10, at 10:00 a.m. PST, Monday, May 17, at 10:00 a.m. PST, Monday, May 24, at 10:00 a.m. PST, and Monday, May 31, at 10:00 a.m. PST, a winner of the weekly Prize will be chosen at Northern Development Initiative Trust in Prince George, B.C. from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Northern Development Initiative Trust, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify potential winners that they may have won the Prizes by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within two business days after the draw, they will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Northern Development Initiative Trust. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
7. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to remove any entries containing hateful or defamatory language from the contest post. If a follower posts hateful or defamatory language on our page more than once, they will be banned from the page altogether.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.