- Northern Development approves over $900,000 in projects across its service region
- Northern Development announces approval for 11 Regional Business Liaison positions
- New business liaison program will allow communities to provide regional business support services
- Northern Development announces over $1.8 million in approved funding for economic development projects in Northern B.C.
- Northern Development partners with Support Local BC for gift card program to assist Love Northern BC businesses
What Are People Saying in Valemount?
"When the Olympic/Paralympic Live Sites program was announced in 2005, Valemount's Council had a dream and saw the opportunity. But it was only with the contributions of Northern Development and the Columbia Basin Trust that this dream became a reality."Silvio Gislimberti
Economic Development Officer
Village of Valemount
March 8, 2019 – Government is making the largest investment in connectivity in the province’s history, with $50 million to expand high-speed internet service for people living in approximately 200 rural and Indigenous communities. “High-speed internet provides the foundation for British Columbians to access online learning and telehealth care, conduct business and be alerted in an emergency,” said Jinny Sims, Minister of Citizens’ Services. “Connectivity helps small communities grow and prosper by creating jobs, attracting new residents and enabling more …