- Planned network of 47 Level 2 charging stations receives boost from Northern Development
- First grants totalling more than $200,000 awarded to Peace Region agricultural projects; 2020 application intake now open
- BC Hydro Peace Agricultural Compensation Fund – call for member-at-large
- Northern Development offers rebates to businesses affected by forestry downturn
- Northern Development announces more than $500,000 for economic development projects in Northern B.C.
What Are People Saying in Valemount?
"When the Olympic/Paralympic Live Sites program was announced in 2005, Valemount's Council had a dream and saw the opportunity. But it was only with the contributions of Northern Development and the Columbia Basin Trust that this dream became a reality."Silvio Gislimberti
Economic Development Officer
Village of Valemount
March 8, 2019 – Government is making the largest investment in connectivity in the province’s history, with $50 million to expand high-speed internet service for people living in approximately 200 rural and Indigenous communities. “High-speed internet provides the foundation for British Columbians to access online learning and telehealth care, conduct business and be alerted in an emergency,” said Jinny Sims, Minister of Citizens’ Services. “Connectivity helps small communities grow and prosper by creating jobs, attracting new residents and enabling more …