The Housing Needs Assessment program provides one-time grant funding to local governments in the Trust’s service region for the development of a comprehensive housing needs assessment that covers the entire community and meets the requirements of the ‘Local Government Statutes (Housing Needs Reports) Amendment Act.’
Up to $200,000 will be available annually between 2019 – 2021 through the Housing Needs Assessment program.
One-time grant funding per eligible local government up to $10,000 to a maximum of 50% of the eligible project budget.
Apply for funding
- Please review all program documents in detail as incomplete and ineligible applications will not be reviewed.
- Applications are approved on a first come first served basis until the annual funding allocation has been fully committed.
- Completed application forms with all supplementary materials should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email at email@example.com.
Approved Housing Needs Assessment projects are required to complete and submit a completed final reporting form following the completion of the project prior to Northern Development releasing funding. A project is considered complete when:
- The report has been finalized and adopted by appropriate Municipal Council or Regional District Board
- All eligible expenses have been invoiced
Please contact Northern Development staff to discuss your project in further detail.
Phone : (250) 561-2525