The Marketing Initiatives program provides grant funding to support new campaigns or projects that promote and/or position a community or region to take advantage of opportunities that support economic vitality and diversification. These marketing projects must be new initiatives that stand alone from existing marketing activities.
Such projects may include, but are not limited to:
- Business attraction initiatives
- Investment attraction initiatives
- Resident recruitment initiatives
- Visitor attraction initiatives
The projects may use a number of tactics including, but not limited to:
- Branding development and evolution
- Web-based strategies
- Social media campaigns
- Wayfinding and other interpretive signage
- Print advertising campaigns
Projects must demonstrate how they will make a positive economic impact for the local area, target markets beyond the local area, and deliver on specific and measurable outcomes in order to qualify for funding.
Northern Development looks for projects that align with a number of its own strategic priorities, including:
- Collaboration between communities or multiple groups on the project
- Direct First Nations participation
- Direct economic benefits for both local governments and First Nations as a result of the project
- Broad regional economic impact as a result of the project
Up to $20,000 in grant funding to a maximum of 50% of the eligible project budget.
Apply for funding
Please review all program documents in detail as incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email. Email: email@example.com
Please contact Northern Development staff to discuss your project in further detail.
Phone : (250) 561-2525