The Connecting British Columbia program is currently accepting applications for Regional Connectivity Plan Funding. Funds are available to help internet service providers and regional and local governments connect people in rural and Indigenous communities with high-speed internet.
Regional Connectivity Plan Funding
As part of the Program, the Regional Connectivity Plan Funding (“Funding”) supports the development of regional connectivity infrastructure plans. The Funding is intended to support eligible applicants with the technical infrastructure assessment of current and proposed networks in a regional connectivity plan.
Goals and Basic Components of a Regional Connectivity Plan
• Ensure proposed investments in connectivity support the desired outcomes that the internet services are expected to deliver
• Reduce the investment risk for Internet Service Provider’s (ISP’s) by providing documented support for the required infrastructure prior to costly engineering studies and business case due diligence
• An inventory of available broadband services in the region with internet service providers identified
• Prioritized regional goals and objectives
• Identified gaps in the current connectivity and how objectives may be affected
• Connectivity solutions that are required to support regional goals and objectives
• A cost estimate of the required connectivity solution to support the regional goals and objectives
This funding program accepts and reviews applications on a first come, first serve basis until all available funds are committed.
Please review and complete all program documents in detail as incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email.
Please contact Northern Development staff to discuss your project in further detail.
Phone : (250) 561-2525