The Business Façade Improvement program provides annual grant funding for municipalities and regional districts located within the Northeast, Northwest, Prince George, and Cariboo-Chilcotin/Lillooet regions that participate in the combined regional development accounts. Annual funding of $20,000 is available to each municipality and regional district to enhance economic development by encouraging private sector investment in businesses façade improvements. Municipalities and regional districts applying to the program are required to develop and submit their business façade improvement plan/guidelines, which will give direction to local business owners on the eligibility criteria to obtain the business façade improvement grant.
Features and benefits of the program
- Enhanced economic viability and vibrancy of northern and central B.C. communities by supporting visual improvements such as facades, signage, murals, architectural features, siding, lighting and awnings.
- Private sector investment in local business improvement.
- Increased assessed values and tax base as a result of improved properties.
- Attractiveness of community to enhance community pride as well as tourism experience.
- Improved community appearance to support recruitment of new businesses and/or residents.
To support economic development through leveraged private sector investment in local business façade improvements.
Apply for funding
Prior to submitting an application for funding, please review the application guide and following documents in detail. Please note that only complete application forms will be accepted.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Northern Development staff to discuss your project in further detail.
Phone : (250) 561-2525