The Grant Writing Support program provides up to $8,000 in rebate funding each year to support the employment of a locally based grant writer. The funding is provided to municipalities, regional districts, First Nations bands and incorporated improvement districts in the Trust’s service region.
Eligible grant writers must prepare funding applications to agencies, foundations and government programs, and must be under the direct supervision of a local or band government administration.
The Trust provides a total of $432,000 in annual rebate funding to support grant writing positions across central and northern B.C. each year.
Featured success stories
Explore grant writing support success stories and connect with organizations throughout the region.
Features and benefits of the program include:
- The rebate covers up to 75% of a grant writer’s wages for four months or 400 hours of employment for a grant writer position based in the local community each year.
- The program creates additional capacity for a community to pursue its funding priorities and respond to local non-profit requests for grant application research and writing.
- The program increases a community or non-profit group’s success accessing financial grants to pursue its strategic priorities.
- Grant funding support generates increased economic development capacity for municipalities, regional districts, incorporated improvement districts and First Nations.
- Northern Development provides timely response to funding applications and rebate claims for communities and First Nations that wish to access funding through the program.
- Interactive web-based grant writing training is available on-demand from Northern Development’s website to assist new grant writers throughout the region. The Trust also provides community grant writing workshops on an on-demand basis.
To help the communities and non-profit agencies of central and northern B.C. access more funding dollars to support crucial economic development projects and initiatives throughout the region.
Apply for funding
Prior to submitting an application for funding, please review the application guide and following documents in detail. Please note that only complete application forms will be accepted.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email.
Annual project reporting
Municipalities, regional districts, incorporated improvement districts, or First Nations bands who have been approved for grant writing support funding for the previous year must submit complete reporting to Northern Development prior to January 31st or prior to applying for funding for the following year.