The 2013 Grant Writing Support program is now fully subscribed. Applications for the 2014 program will be accepted in January 2014, and we encourage you to get your application in early to secure your spot.
The Grant Writing Support program provides $405,000 in annual funding from the Cross Regional account for grant writer positions employed by municipalities, regional districts, incorporated improvement districts, and First Nations bands within the Northern Development Initiative Trust region. Each year, $7,500 in rebate funding is provided to approved municipalities, regional districts, incorporated improvement districts, and First Nations bands to support employment of a locally-based grant writer that is directly supervised by local or band government administration to prepare funding application to agencies, foundations, and government programs.
Featured success stories
Explore grant writing support success stories and connect with organizations throughout the region.
Features and benefits of the program include:
- Up to 75% of the wages for the first four months or 400 hours of employment for a grant writer position based in the local community each year.
- Additional capacity to respond to community priorities and non-profit requests for grant application research and writing.
- Increased success accessing financial grants for communities, First Nations, and non-profit groups.
- Increased economic development capacity for municipalities, First Nations, and rural areas.
- Timely response to funding applications and rebate claims.
- Interactive web-based grant writing training is available on-demand from Northern Development’s website to assist new grant writers throughout the region.
To assist municipalities, regional districts, incorporated improvement districts, and First Nations bands to build grant writing capacity and expertise that leads to a direct increase in funding for projects and programs in central and northern B.C.
Municipalities, regional districts, incorporated improvement districts, or First Nations bands who have been approved for Grant Writing Support funding for the previous year must submit complete reporting to Northern Development prior to January 31st or prior to applying for funding for the following year.
Apply for funding
Prior to submitting an application for funding, please review the application guide and following documents in detail. Please note that only complete application forms will be accepted.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email.