The Competitiveness Consulting Rebate program provides a rebate to small and medium sized companies engaged in manufacturing, innovative technologies, resource processing, transportation, distribution and their first line suppliers for outsourced consulting services.
A rebate of up to 50% to a yearly maximum of $30,000 can be recovered for the cost of external business consulting projects. Projects must focus on increased productivity, new or incremental revenues, profitability and/or job creation. Eligible companies must be privately owned and have headquarters within the Northern Development Initiative Trust region.
Featured success stories
Explore competitiveness consulting rebate success stories and connect with organizations throughout the region.
Features and benefits for business:
- Program provides a rebate to businesses to offset the cost of consulting and consultant travel for qualifying projects
- Companies may access customized consulting services to suit their unique business requirements
- Companies may use a preferred consultant or obtain assistance to identify and select a qualified consultant(s) with a verified track record of competitiveness consulting expertise
- Time sensitive approvals for fully completed applications
- Applications are received and approved on a continuous basis throughout the year – no intake deadlines
- Direct payments to reimburse the company within weeks of receiving verified completion of the consulting services contract
To directly support central and northern B.C. manufacturers, innovators, processors, and their suppliers to grow their businesses, implement world-class business practices and become more competitive in the global market. To create measurable economic benefit for the region.
For further information
Please contact Northern Development for more information and to determine eligibility.
Director, Business Development
Northern Development Initiative Trust
301 – 1268 Fifth Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 3L2
Apply for funding
Prior to submitting an application for funding, please review the application guide and following documents in detail. Please note that only complete application forms will be accepted.
Complete application forms with all required attachments should be provided electronically to Northern Development by email.