Under this project, Energy Services BC was dedicated to a three-year initiative focused on fueling the future of BC’s energy industry. Under Energy Services BC's Business Development Initiative, the following was undertaken:
- Implementation of a strategic plan to address the expectations of Energy Services BC member companies, industry, community, government and Aboriginal groups;
- Identification of BC oil and gas service sector companies, the goods and services they provide, and where new opportunities for these firms are;
- Identification of explorers and producers who operate in BC, including identification of their procurement processes are relationship building between Energy Services BC, its member companies, and these firms;
- Promotion of the BC service sector to explorers and producers not located within the region, and;
- Development of the BC oil and gas service sector through procurement and marketing tools.
Additionally, Energy Services BC provides its oil and gas service suppliers with cost and value analysis to inform their business decisions and prepares pre-feasibility reports for high potential opportunities. Energy Services BC has identified explorers and producers who operate in BC and initiates dialogue and relationship-building to encourage transparency in their procurement practices and advocates for increased utilization of BC goods and services within oil and gas companies' operations.
Watch Energy Services BC's recruitment videos focused on attracting skilled workers to northeast BC's oil and gas sector.