- First grants totalling more than $200,000 awarded to Peace Region agricultural projects; 2020 application intake now open
- BC Hydro Peace Agricultural Compensation Fund – call for member-at-large
- Northern Development offers rebates to businesses affected by forestry downturn
- Northern Development announces more than $500,000 for economic development projects in Northern B.C.
- Northern Development announces initial intake for BC Hydro Peace Agricultural Compensation Fund
What Are People Saying in Valemount?
"When the Olympic/Paralympic Live Sites program was announced in 2005, Valemount's Council had a dream and saw the opportunity. But it was only with the contributions of Northern Development and the Columbia Basin Trust that this dream became a reality."Silvio Gislimberti
Economic Development Officer
Village of Valemount
October 21 The BC Hydro Peace Agricultural Compensation Fund is a $20 million fund established by BC Hydro to support agricultural production and related economic activity in the Peace Region. This fund is governed by a regional decision-making board, responsible for overseeing the management and disbursement of the fund. They are seeking one member-at-large to serve on the board. To serve as a member-at-large, you must be an agricultural producer who lives in the B.C. Peace Region. Interested applicants are …