- Northern Development approves over $900,000 in projects across its service region
- Northern Development announces approval for 11 Regional Business Liaison positions
- New business liaison program will allow communities to provide regional business support services
- Northern Development announces over $1.8 million in approved funding for economic development projects in Northern B.C.
- Northern Development partners with Support Local BC for gift card program to assist Love Northern BC businesses
What Are People Saying in Valemount?
"When the Olympic/Paralympic Live Sites program was announced in 2005, Valemount's Council had a dream and saw the opportunity. But it was only with the contributions of Northern Development and the Columbia Basin Trust that this dream became a reality."Silvio Gislimberti
Economic Development Officer
Village of Valemount
State of the North 2018 reveals renewed strength in energy and gas sector, forestry facing challenges January 23, 2019 – For Immediate Release The second annual State of the North economic report has been released and offers insight into the current fiscal state of Northern B.C. and what is trending for the future. Highlights from the State of the North Report include: The unemployment rate in Northern B.C. has begun to trend lower, and increases in employment in the North Central, Cariboo-Chilcotin …