- Northern Development offers rebates to businesses affected by forestry downturn
- Northern Development announces more than $500,000 for economic development projects in Northern B.C.
- Northern Development announces initial intake for BC Hydro Peace Agricultural Compensation Fund
- Northern Development Initiative Trust approves nearly $1 million for economic initiatives in Northern B.C.
- Northern Development board acclaims new chair, committee members
What Are People Saying in Valemount?
"When the Olympic/Paralympic Live Sites program was announced in 2005, Valemount's Council had a dream and saw the opportunity. But it was only with the contributions of Northern Development and the Columbia Basin Trust that this dream became a reality."Silvio Gislimberti
Economic Development Officer
Village of Valemount
State of the North 2018 reveals renewed strength in energy and gas sector, forestry facing challenges January 23, 2019 – For Immediate Release The second annual State of the North economic report has been released and offers insight into the current fiscal state of Northern B.C. and what is trending for the future. Highlights from the State of the North Report include: The unemployment rate in Northern B.C. has begun to trend lower, and increases in employment in the North Central, Cariboo-Chilcotin …