- Northern Development approves over $900,000 in projects across its service region
- Northern Development announces approval for 11 Regional Business Liaison positions
- New business liaison program will allow communities to provide regional business support services
- Northern Development announces over $1.8 million in approved funding for economic development projects in Northern B.C.
- Northern Development partners with Support Local BC for gift card program to assist Love Northern BC businesses
What Are People Saying in Valemount?
"When the Olympic/Paralympic Live Sites program was announced in 2005, Valemount's Council had a dream and saw the opportunity. But it was only with the contributions of Northern Development and the Columbia Basin Trust that this dream became a reality."Silvio Gislimberti
Economic Development Officer
Village of Valemount
The Mining Association together with the Northern Development Initiative Trust today confirmed that a study has been commissioned looking into the economic viability of the Northwest Power Line along Highway 37 in north western British Columbia. “There is a strong and growing consensus among community leaders in the Northwest about the long term need and benefit of a power line along highway 37,” said Mining Association of British Columbia Chairman Pierre Lebel. “Documenting the presence of existing and potential development …