PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROGRAM IS FULLY COMMITTED FOR 2020
The Regional Business Liaison program provides a financial incentive to encourage Community Futures Development Corporations, Chambers of Commerce, local governments, community economic development entities, or regional destination marketing organizations to hire locally based talent to provide business support services for the region.
The funding is a one-time offering on behalf of Northern Development to provide additional community-based resources to support small and medium enterprises in accessing support programs made available in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Northern Development will make funding available to support up to three regional business liaison positions per Northern Development region (Northeast, Northwest, Prince George, and Cariboo-Chilcotin/Lillooet), for a total of up to 12 positions throughout Northern B.C. for a one-year term.
100% of eligible expenses to a maximum of $75,000 in grant funding.
• Community Futures Development Corporations
• Chambers of Commerce
• Local governments (or community economic development entities)
• Regional destination marketing organizations
• Staff or contract wages for a regional business liaison position
▪ 100% of wages are eligible if the position is 100% dedicated to business liaison activities
▪ If the position is combined with other duties, business liaison activities must be at least 50% of the workload. Only the portion of wages, related to business liaison activities are eligible for reimbursement
• Mandatory employment related costs: CPP, EI, vacation pay (if days not provided)
• Travel expenses related to business liaison activities
The application deadline for the Regional Business Liaison program has passed. Northern Development will not be accepting any more applications to this one-time program.
Please contact Northern Development staff to discuss your project in further detail.
Phone : (250) 561-2525