We want to hear from you!Join Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter Join Us On YouTube Subscribe To Our Newsletter
In this issue
- April - June 2017
- January - March 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- April/May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- November 2013
- September 2013
- May 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- Spring 2012
Apply For Funding
If you are interested in learning more about any of Northern Development's funding programs, please don't hesitate to call the office at 250-561-2525 to speak to a member of our team.Forest Innovation FundCompetitiveness Consulting RebateConnecting British ColumbiaEconomic Diversification InfrastructureCommunity Halls and Recreation FacilitiesCapital Investment AnalysisMarketing InitiativesCommunity Foundation Matching GrantsBusiness Façade ImprovementBC Hydro GO FundEconomic Development Capacity BuildingFabulous Festivals and EventsGrant Writing SupportGovernance Essentials Scholarship
January 2016 - Newsletter
Three years ago, SpeeDee took advantage of Northern Development’s Competitiveness Consulting Rebate program to improve internal reporting systems, which has resulted in the expansion into new locations, creation of jobs and support for the local economy.
Glenwood Hall was recently revitalized with the help of Northern Development. The Trust provided $30,000 in funding to upgrade the facility so that it can continue to host local events. Northern B.C. singer songwriter Mark Perry performs his classic song 'We Danced Here' to tell the story about what this hall means to the people of the Bulkley Valley.
Digital marketing might be the backbone of modern investment attraction strategies, but Stewart, B.C. just proved that an old fashioned brochure can still attract industry to town.
Haida Gwaii is home to more than a hundred locally-owned, independent businesses that you won't find anywhere else in the world. Watch the video to learn more about Love Haida Gwaii - a unique marketing initiative to encourage consumers to shop local! www.lovehaidagwaii.com
Northern Development is proud to be supporting unique festivals and events throughout our region with the Fabulous Festivals and Events funding program.
The program provides non-profit organizations $2500 to help build the sustainability and expansion of local events to attract tourism and build communities. Save the date and check out these events coming soon in Northern B.C.
- Prince George | Coldsnap Winter Music Festival | January 22 - 30
- Bridge River | Bridge River Valley Winterfest | February 6 - 7
- Logan Lake | Polar Carnival | February 6
- Clinton | Clinton Annual Ball | May 21
- Chetwynd | International Chainsaw Carving Championship | June 9 - 12
- Atlin | Atlin Arts and Music Festival | July 8 - 10
- Quesnel | Billy Barker Days | July 14 - 17
- Francois Lake | Grassy Plains Summer Festival | July 18 - 19
- Hazelton | Kispiox Valley Music Festival | July 22 - 24
- Bella Coola | Discovery Coast Music Festival | July 23 - 24
- Terrace | Terrace Riverboat Days | July 29 - August 7
- Haida Gwaii | Edge of the World Music Festival | August 5 - 7
- Wells | Moonrise Film Festival | August 19 - 21
- Barkerville | Mid-Autumn Moon Festival | August 20
- Lillooet, Clinton, Logan Lake, Loon Lake | Gold Country Geocache Event | September 2 - 5
- Lytton | Lytton River Festival | September 2 - 3
We're excited to launch lovefortstjohn.com this Spring, and celebrate locally owned, independent businesses in Fort St John.
We hope you'll join us for the launch event...stay tuned!
Thank you to everyone who joined us during the BC Natural Resources Forum for a reception that marked the conclusion of Northern Development's 10th Anniversary. CEO Janine North, Board Chair Evan Saugstad, and MLA Mike Morris welcomed guests and reflected on ten outstanding years of building a stronger North. The event was held in partnership with the Ramada Prince George Hotel.
For more event photos, please visit us on Facebook.
Please visit our website for application forms for the following funding programs: