- To date, $113 million in funding has been committed to 1,174 projects in communities throughout central and northern British Columbia.
- 5,856 jobs have been created.
- 2,011 partnerships with 690 organizations have attracted over $1.1 billion in new investment to the region.
- 73% of investments are in small communities with populations less than 5,000.
- Community grant writers have been approved for $76.4 million in funding since 2010.
Economic performance measures for individual project investments such as job creation, new revenues, spending in our local economy, increases to the tax base, new business start-ups, and project-specific measures will be reported for five years by each project and aggregated in Northern Development’s Annual Report.
For a more detailed account of Northern Development’s economic impacts on an annual basis, please consult the Annual Report.
Northern Development’s board had approved 1,059 projects as of December 31st, 2012 across the four development regions. These projects are listed by year and are reported in annual approved project reports.
Please note that Northern Development’s board is continually monitoring the economic impacts of Northern Development’s funding investments and program policies. As a result, funding programs evolve over time to meet the needs of communities while ensuring a sustainable flow of funding is available to the region over the long term. The following historical reports include projects that were approved prior to the board establishing its current policy framework.
Approved projects by year:
- 2012 Approved Projects
- 2011 Approved Projects
- 2010 Approved Projects
- 2009 Approved Projects
- 2008 Approved Projects
- 2007 Approved Projects
- 2006 Approved Projects
- 2005 Approved Projects
See the Strategic Plan and the Northern Development Initiative Trust Amendment Act, 2005 for more information on Northern Development’s strategic investment areas.